Please remember to include the following information in any message to the TSA Career Coaching Service:
- your name
- your duty station code/airport code; if you work at headquarters or in a mission support center, please provide the department name
- your e-mail address that you check most frequently (personal or work email)
- your landline or cellular telephone number, where a message can be left
- RDOs and work hours
- a convenient time for a Career Coach to call you; state your time zone
- a short summary of why you are contacting TSA Career Coaching (e.g. for career planning or job search, or interviewing for an opening, etc)
- how you heard about our services.
The email address for the TSA Career Coaching Service has changed. To contact our service, please use the following email address, effective immediately:
To contact your coach, please use the coach’s email name as before, but change the ending (as in the example below):
Be assured that the TSA Career Coaching Service has not changed! The comprehensive, confidential, free service is still provided by Career Development Alliance.
To Contact the TSA Career Coaching Service:
To request an appointment with a TSA Career Coach, to take a career assessment or for general questions or feedback, please answer the above questions via email or telephone:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
- Call anytime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week):
- Toll Free 1-866-619-3697
- TTY callers: 1-800-877-8339 and request 1-866-542-9096
Requesting a meeting with a TSA Career Coach:
- An Intake Coordinator will contact you, usually within one business day after your initial call or email, to assign a Career Coach.
- Career Coaches are available for appointments at various times. You may be working with a Coach in a different part of the country or time zone.
- Consultations with your Career Coach occur via e-mail and telephone, confidentially.
Online Career Assessments:
- An Intake Coordinator will contact you, usually within one business day after your initial call or email, to assign a Career Coach to help you decide which assessment(s) to take.
- Your Career Coach will provide you with a password to take the assessment online.
- After you take the assessment, you’ll have a phone appointment with your Career Coach to review the results and determine next steps.
General Questions or Feedback:
- For General Questions, follow the above instructions. Or you may read our Frequently Asked Questions.
- We welcome your feedback on your experiences with TSA Career Coaching Services as well as your suggestions for additional resources you would like to see on this website.